Galvanized steel has a multitude of applications for a variety of industries. Its galvanized coating makes it ideal for outdoor projects and other applications that require endurance in and protection from the elements.
While its coating makes it a worthwhile solution for some projects, it also comes with the tradeoff of being incredibly difficult to work with in achieving a long-lasting mark. For this reason, people turn to laser engraving galvanized steel because it produces lasting marks that do not fade over time.
Uses and Applications of Galvanized Steel
Known for its durability and visual appeal, galvanized steel can be used in a variety of projects. While it is commonly used in applications in the automotive, construction, and telecommunications industries, galvanized steel’s applications do not stop there.
For instance, it is a great material to finish an outdoor project. From fences and roofs to balconies and more, galvanized steel is a key asset that can survive the outdoor elements without corroding easily.
Advantages of Using Galvanized Steel
- Initial low cost – Since it’s ready to use, galvanized steel eliminates the need for surface preparation and more. This saves room in your budget for other expenses.
- Longer life – The durability of this material can increase your product’s reliability, resulting in less required maintenance and fewer replacements.
- Rust resistance – Typically, the elements in steel are prone to rust. With its zinc coating, galvanized steel is resistant to damage due to elements.
Reasons to Use a Laser Marking System on Galvanized Steel
Some other methods of marking galvanized steel are not as effective as laser marking, due to one main factor: the galvanized coating makes the material resistant to chemical interaction. Therefore, laser marking or engraving are the chosen ways to create clear, effective marks.
Laser marking galvanized steel is ideal because it produces a highly reflective surface that is smooth. Additionally, laser engraving galvanized steel does not compromise the structural integrity of your component. This means that you can cleanly mark products and materials made of galvanized steel without worrying about it decaying or compromising sturdiness.
Benefits of Choosing TYKMA Electrox
With over 65 years of combined experience, TYKMA Electrox has been creating unique solutions to laser marking needs for some time. Whether your project involves laser engraving galvanized steel or has different goals, our line of products demonstrates our abilities and expertise when it comes to manufacturing systems that fulfil your expectations.
TYKMA Electrox supplies laser systems with usability and longevity in mind. We know that laser marking projects have different purposes, which is why we have a collection of systems for you to choose from. Regardless of the system you choose, you can expect the following qualities to come with it:
- Reproducibility – With our laser marking systems, it is possible to consistently produce the same marks. This is ideal for maintaining uniformity in your product, whether the marks are used for logos, traceability, graphics, or anything else.
- Streamlined software – Our lasers are equipped with Pro Laser Marking Software which is intuitive and versatile, and features user-friendly capabilities.
- Versatility – Our laser marking systems are ideal for a variety of projects. Regardless of whether you are looking to laser mark galvanized steel or have a different intended project outcome, we have a machine that can help.
- Customizability – We understand that not all projects are the same. To make sure you are able to achieve all project goals, we can create custom machines that are designed for specialty projects. Built to your specifications, these solutions are perfect for when you need something that isn’t currently offered on the market.
Contact Us to Begin Laser Engraving Galvanized Steel
TYKMA Electrox is equipped to be of assistance in your next project. If you are looking to purchase a machine from a leading manufacturer in laser marking systems, our team is ready to provide their expertise.
If you have any questions about laser engraving galvanized steel, be sure to contact us today!